Thursday, June 18, 2009

Casiotone For The Painfully Alone

Share
With Lyrics similar to Conor Oberst and a set up that resembles Dan Deacon, Owen Ashworth writes beautiful stories in simple piano melodies. This is the newest release from Casiotone For The Painfully Alone and it is the first time I have ever listened to him. I know that I've heard of him before but never really took the time to listen. I wish that I would have checked him out one of the times he was an opener at Bottletree because I know there have been a few. Tracks 2, 3, & 4 sound the strongest to me but you be the judge. I have a feeling that this is along the same lines as his previous releases so please feel free to check them out as well.

casiotone for the painfully alone

This is a live version of track 4.


This song is off of another album but it is a great performance from SXSW 2008.



No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter