Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Temper Trap

Share
So I was reading Rolling Stone's artists to watch from 2007 and so far they have gotten 8 out of 10 right. Meaning that from my perspective 8 artists have had commercial success and one more may be close. I am not saying that I am Rolling Stone but I have thrown some names out there that I am saying are going to be big and this band is one of them. The Temper Trap is a band out of Australia with some pretty good new indie music. It is danceable like Phoenix but not over the top like Passion Pit. Their debut full length was just released in Australia and should be in the states soon. They are going to be growing fast. I know they are on the soundtrack to Zooey Deschanel's new film 500 Days of Summer. I have a feeling it is going to propel them just as Garden State skyrocketed The Shins. Be on the lookout for this band in things like ipod commercials or adds for Crest toothpaste.

temper trap

The album is only available if you are in Australia right now, so in the mean time check out their myspace.


and this catchy single

I found the link for the new cd

2 comments:

Sam & Tyler said...

i liked this one okay. and nice job on the new layout. your blog is turning out way better than mine.

Signs of Life said...

Thanks man. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of this band. As for the layout I just did it to make the videos fit the screen better. But is does look cooler than I expected.

 

Free Blog Counter