Thursday, June 3, 2010

Suckers

Share
Brooklyn, NY appears to be the breeding ground for up and coming artists on the verge. The town hasn’t lost its muse-like appeal because the band “Suckers” are about to be the next powerhouse. Move over Dirty Projectors and MGMT because is the highly anticipated debut album“ Wild Smile” surpasses the hype. I was able to catch Suckers when they opened for Local Natives in Atlanta about a month ago and they put on one of the best performances I have ever seen. Even without hearing one of their songs prior to the show, the band's energy and melodies in each of their songs becomes contagious. Every member displays their abilities as a multi-instrumentalist swapping instruments mid performance. The massive amounts of alternative percussion combined with screaming chants and a trumpet left chillbumps long after I first heard this album.

"Wild Smile" will definitely be on my best of the year list.

RIYL: Local Natives, Yeasayer, Vampire Weekend

Photobucket





Extra: Black Sheep Video Premier



If you would like information about where to get this album email BloginHood@Gmail.com

2 comments:

Sam & Tyler said...

Reminds me of Cymbals Eat Guitars, you heard them?

Signs of Life said...

Yeah I got to see them live at CMJ. They are killer live. You're right Suckers is similar to them but they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. Especially since I had never heard of them before.

 

Free Blog Counter