Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fanfarlo

Share
In 2009 I completely overlooked a very talented band known as Fanfarlo. They released their debut album Reservoir for only $1 on their website for over half the year in an effort to gain widespread accessibility. Even with this gimmick I still missed them somehow at CMJ and The Bottletree in 2009. Once I finally listened to Reservoir I realized it is just what the world has needed since Neon Bible's release in 2007. Fanfarlo keeps it simple with acoustic instrumentation and scaled down drum kits but do not think of this as just another singer-songwriter project. I would compare them to The Arcade Fire mixed with Noah And The Whale with the energy of Ra Ra Riot. Standout tracks are #1, #2, and #6

fanfarlo



Fanfarlo-Reservoir-Download

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter