Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carissa's Wierd

Share
Carissa's Weird is and always will be an underground band. They truly represent what it meant to be "indie". The band was formed in Seattle and developed a cult-like following from the end of the 90's to the start of the 00's. Although they never received commercial success several members have in their other music endeavors. One of these is Band of Horses, which was founded by Mat Brooke and Ben Birdwell. The songs from Carissa's Weird are slowly crafted love songs that feature piano and violin heavily on most of the tracks. The emotions in the songs ring throughout all the despair and longing in Mat Brooke's voice. This album is one of my personal favorite's to put on for a long drive alone. I wish that I was in Seattle when this band was together because I know I would have been at every show.

RIYL: Band of Horses, Elliott Smith, Straylight Run

Songs About Leaving



 

Free Blog Counter