Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hammock

Share
While Nashville, Tennessee is known for many styles of music, Ambient, Post-Rock has not been a very large style. Hammock is a two man collaboration that creates ethereal swells out of only 2 guitars. The band's latest album "Maybe They Will Sing For Us Tomorrow" was recommended to me by a friend. I had a hard time understanding the band at first because I was only listening to songs as if they were songs. Once I allowed myself to listen to the entire album I realized the beauty that lied beneath the tracks. This album has been my companion through several books and finals in school. It has allowed me the peace that my mind needs to focus on other things. If you are someone who needs sound to clear your mind I recommend this band.

RIYL: Riceboy Sleeps, This Will Destroy You, Sigur Rós

Photobucket



No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter