Monday, February 22, 2010

The Swell Season

Share
From my first viewing of the film Once my world was changed. I immediately watched the movie again and fell in love with this small Irish band who I didn't even know actually existed. Once I owned the soundtrack and realized this was one band, The Swell Season, I quickly gathered everything they had released. Now two years later the band has made a follow up to their Oscar winning album called "Strict Joy." This album is very emotional and quickly became one of my favorite albums of 2009. Most of the album refers to the romantic relationship between the two songwriters Glen and Markéta. Strict Joy picks up where the first album left off but goes in a different direction just as the two ended their relationship. Despite the internal trouble, I have no doubt that this band has many albums still to come.

RIYL: Bon Iver, Damien Rice, The Frames

The Swell Season



No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter